Thursday 6 September 2012

Where I've Been & Another Poll

Loyal Bloggers:

Some of you may have been wondering where I've been the past month.  I apologize for my absence from this blog page. What I've been doing is publishing 5 books as eBooks on amazon, and creating an entirely new website at http://kevinwhitebooks.com  Please check it out.

I've also heard back from the Reader's Favorite Book Awards competition, and one of my novels actually did win... a bronze medal. This is a children's fantasy novel called The River Riders, which is the first in a trilogy called Miriam's Seed. Here's a copy of the cover, if you're interested.





All my books can now be purchased as eBooks at AMAZON.COM


Now that these results are in, let's collect some more results... specifically another poll. I puzzled over what to ask this month. But I've been following the US presidential elections rather closely, including both conventions. One thing that did strike me was whether Barack would consider it a good thing or a bad thing when Clinton complimented the first lady. Hmmmm!

I also, no offense, can't help but notice that President Obama's initials are B. O., and wonder why there have been no plays on that by his critics.

But I digress.

What really interests me, as a Canadian doctor who trained in the U.S., is their different stances on health care, which are wildly different.  In a nutshell, Obama wants to forge on towards a system of universal health care that covers not everything, but everyone.  Romney, on the other hand, wants to go back to the limited health care model the U.S. has had for years, where private insurance is necessary for most people to get any care, and many are left with either no health care or having to pay out of their own pocket. As someone who, while living in sunny California, had a pregnant young Hispanic woman and her unborn infant die en route to an alternative emergency room because the first ER I'd sent her to wouldn't treat her when she started bleeding, I know where I stand on this... but where do YOU stand?

And so this month's poll question is this:  WHICH PRESIDENTIAL NOMINEE DO YOU THINK WOULD BE BEST FOR PEOPLE WITH FIBRO -  OBAMA or ROMNEY?

Please go to my website and answer the poll to weigh in on this. Just go to my Fibro Fog home page and scroll down a little bit to find the poll.  My Fibro Fog website is: http://thefibrofog.com

Kevin White, MD, PhD


IMPORTANT NOTICE:  September is National Pain Awareness Month. In honor of this, the price of my book Breaking Thru the Fibro Fog: Scientific Proof Fibromyalgia Is Real has been reduced to just 40% (less than half) of the cover price. 15% of proceeds are being donated to fund fibromyalgia research.

No comments:

Post a Comment