Friday 3 February 2012

A New Song - written for a former fibro patient of mine.

Over the years, I was moved by the life stories of many of my fibro patients, and some of these stories ended up in songs. This is one of them.  I hope you enjoy it. Though the song is sad... the story had a happy ending, as a good lawyer and I ultimately were able to get this young man the disability and injury compensation he needed and deserved.  The song is called Land of Opportunity. I wrote it when the Conservative Government in Ontario, under then Premier Mike Harris, had stripped away almost all benefits and protection for injured workers.  This young man lived through 3 years of dire poverty because of it.

I hope you enjoy the song.



Kevin White, MD, PhD, multiple award-winning researcher, author, teacher & speaker

No comments:

Post a Comment