Friday 30 March 2012

Poll Results - If You Could Make ONE PERSON Believe in Fibro, Who Would It Be?

Readers have spoken. Over the last couple of weeks, I've had a poll on my home page asking people the question: Which disbelieving person would you MOST want to believe fibro is real?  And the results are now IN (drum roll please)...


Sadly, doctors (who should know better) were the most likely individuals to be unwanted disbelievers. But the 29% is very much in line with the recent Canadian survey that showed that one in four family doctors believe all their fibro patients are faking. That's one in FOUR doctors with a stone-age understanding of chronic pain!!! "Calling Dr. Flinstone. Dr. Fred Flinstone."

But that 21% of you have a disbelieving spouse and another 21% disbelieving family members is equally disturbing, though not surprising, from what I've seen when I ask this question to audiences at talks I give. (And when I do book signings, you'd be amazed how many people buy a book for their mother-in-law).

If you'd like a few snappy comebacks for these people, maybe you can find them in the following video. Listeners particularly seem to like my comment about parrot snot (Now, if you haven't already, you'll HAVE to listen to it):


Anyway. Try some of these comebacks out on people who won't hit you first, just for kicks. Otherwise, please go to my latest poll and tell me what treatment is helping you the most. Foggy minds (my own included) would like to know.


Kevin White, MD, PhD, multiple award-winning researcher, author, teacher & speaker

No comments:

Post a Comment